Our moderation principles
In the interest of all users, the moderators of this blog reserve the right to not post, later remove or modify inappropriate comments. We are furthermore entitled to block IP addresses or to limit your rights of use. At best, you back us up to avoid this situation by sticking to the rules and advice mentioned in the adidas Group blog guidelines.
Please see below at which point and how we interfere:
- We come into action if a comment infringes one or more of the above-mentioned guidelines.
- As a general rule, we will make clear where we acted.
- Where possible we will not delete the whole comment but just parts of it. If the comment thereby loses its entire informative value or if the greater message is altered we will remove it completely.
- Beyond that, we will remove comments which might not explicitly violate a rule, but which are not essentially relevant to the conversation. If possible, we mostly redirect comments of this kind to other articles or comments.
- Furthermore, we do not accept automatically generated comments and posts.
- We will only react to deletion requests for specific comments if they are legitimate (e.g. notifications regarding incitements, ethnic slurs, personal insults, obscenity, etc.). That’s why we ask you to review your comment before submitting in terms of whether or not you want it to be published the way you just authored it.
- We close a discussion if it veers away from the original topic or if many comments don’t follow the guidelines. As a general rule, we will notify you prior to the shutdown of the comment function. In exceptional cases, we reserve the right to shut it down immediately.
- We will give users a written warning if they infringe the rules continuously or particularly severely. If this does not result in a change of behaviour we will exclude the person from the community.
If you have any questions or remarks for our moderators or if you feel that one of our moderation efforts was not justified, we will be happy to receive an email from you. However, to maintain the quality of the conversation on this site, please refrain from posting these kinds of questions in the blog.
We will let you know if we need to adapt the rules and principles stated here.